- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Dorothy Paige-Turner, Between Planes perform at Tempo Bistro Lounge Feb. 23
Over the years, Dorothy Paige-Turner and Ron Holm have collaborated on a variety of exciting musical projects. Their first was the Between Planes Emery Christiansen album, which won critical acclaim in national distribution. Last September, Dorothy was a featured performer in the Ethnic Heritage Museum’s Jazz and Blues Festival at Rockford’s Sullivan Center. Ron directed the house band, and Between Planes musical partner Janel Nelson anchored keyboards.
From 7 to 10 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 23, Dorothy, Ron, Janel and drummer Ken Druetzler will recreate the festival energy with a program of jazz and blues at Tempo Italian Bistro Lounge, Best Western Clock Tower, 7801 E. State St. Admission is $5, and wonderful cuisine and beverages are available in a lovely room with stage and dance floor.
From the Feb. 20-26, 2013, issue