- Former NIU QB Harnish signed to Vikings practice squad
- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
- Award-winning author Dr. Amina Gautier at Rock Valley Sept. 25
- City to remove traffic lights
- Apple orchards still hurting from last winter’s cold
Dorothy Paige-Turner, Between Planes perform at Tempo Bistro Lounge Feb. 23
Over the years, Dorothy Paige-Turner and Ron Holm have collaborated on a variety of exciting musical projects. Their first was the Between Planes Emery Christiansen album, which won critical acclaim in national distribution. Last September, Dorothy was a featured performer in the Ethnic Heritage Museum’s Jazz and Blues Festival at Rockford’s Sullivan Center. Ron directed the house band, and Between Planes musical partner Janel Nelson anchored keyboards.
From 7 to 10 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 23, Dorothy, Ron, Janel and drummer Ken Druetzler will recreate the festival energy with a program of jazz and blues at Tempo Italian Bistro Lounge, Best Western Clock Tower, 7801 E. State St. Admission is $5, and wonderful cuisine and beverages are available in a lovely room with stage and dance floor.
From the Feb. 20-26, 2013, issue