- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Dorothy Paige-Turner, Between Planes perform at Tempo Bistro Lounge Feb. 23
Over the years, Dorothy Paige-Turner and Ron Holm have collaborated on a variety of exciting musical projects. Their first was the Between Planes Emery Christiansen album, which won critical acclaim in national distribution. Last September, Dorothy was a featured performer in the Ethnic Heritage Museum’s Jazz and Blues Festival at Rockford’s Sullivan Center. Ron directed the house band, and Between Planes musical partner Janel Nelson anchored keyboards.
From 7 to 10 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 23, Dorothy, Ron, Janel and drummer Ken Druetzler will recreate the festival energy with a program of jazz and blues at Tempo Italian Bistro Lounge, Best Western Clock Tower, 7801 E. State St. Admission is $5, and wonderful cuisine and beverages are available in a lovely room with stage and dance floor.
From the Feb. 20-26, 2013, issue