- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
Learn about St. Patrick at new Ethnic Heritage Museum exhibit, opening Feb. 24
By Sue Lewandowski
Ethnic Heritage Museum
St. Patrick’s Day is almost here. Who was the real St. Patrick? Learn the answer to this question and many others at a new exhibit opening Sunday, Feb. 24, at Rockford’s Ethnic Heritage Museum (EHM), 1129 S. Main St. Lynell Cannell, of EHM’s Irish Gallery, will give a talk about St. Patrick and answer this question at 2:30 p.m. Also at the event, visitors will learn how the St. Patrick Church and the Irish Marching Society celebrate this day.
The museum exhibit can be seen any Sunday between 2 and 4 p.m. Tours may be arranged other days by calling the museum at (815) 962-7402. Admission for this St. Patrick’s special event, as well as other tour days, is $5 adult, $3 students and $10 families.
From the Feb. 20-26, 2013, issue