- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
Learn about St. Patrick at new Ethnic Heritage Museum exhibit, opening Feb. 24
By Sue Lewandowski
Ethnic Heritage Museum
St. Patrick’s Day is almost here. Who was the real St. Patrick? Learn the answer to this question and many others at a new exhibit opening Sunday, Feb. 24, at Rockford’s Ethnic Heritage Museum (EHM), 1129 S. Main St. Lynell Cannell, of EHM’s Irish Gallery, will give a talk about St. Patrick and answer this question at 2:30 p.m. Also at the event, visitors will learn how the St. Patrick Church and the Irish Marching Society celebrate this day.
The museum exhibit can be seen any Sunday between 2 and 4 p.m. Tours may be arranged other days by calling the museum at (815) 962-7402. Admission for this St. Patrick’s special event, as well as other tour days, is $5 adult, $3 students and $10 families.
From the Feb. 20-26, 2013, issue