- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
Learn about St. Patrick at new Ethnic Heritage Museum exhibit, opening Feb. 24
By Sue Lewandowski
Ethnic Heritage Museum
St. Patrick’s Day is almost here. Who was the real St. Patrick? Learn the answer to this question and many others at a new exhibit opening Sunday, Feb. 24, at Rockford’s Ethnic Heritage Museum (EHM), 1129 S. Main St. Lynell Cannell, of EHM’s Irish Gallery, will give a talk about St. Patrick and answer this question at 2:30 p.m. Also at the event, visitors will learn how the St. Patrick Church and the Irish Marching Society celebrate this day.
The museum exhibit can be seen any Sunday between 2 and 4 p.m. Tours may be arranged other days by calling the museum at (815) 962-7402. Admission for this St. Patrick’s special event, as well as other tour days, is $5 adult, $3 students and $10 families.
From the Feb. 20-26, 2013, issue