- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Learn about St. Patrick at new Ethnic Heritage Museum exhibit, opening Feb. 24
By Sue Lewandowski
Ethnic Heritage Museum
St. Patrick’s Day is almost here. Who was the real St. Patrick? Learn the answer to this question and many others at a new exhibit opening Sunday, Feb. 24, at Rockford’s Ethnic Heritage Museum (EHM), 1129 S. Main St. Lynell Cannell, of EHM’s Irish Gallery, will give a talk about St. Patrick and answer this question at 2:30 p.m. Also at the event, visitors will learn how the St. Patrick Church and the Irish Marching Society celebrate this day.
The museum exhibit can be seen any Sunday between 2 and 4 p.m. Tours may be arranged other days by calling the museum at (815) 962-7402. Admission for this St. Patrick’s special event, as well as other tour days, is $5 adult, $3 students and $10 families.
From the Feb. 20-26, 2013, issue