- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Retain County Clerk Margie Mullins
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Elect Sheila Simon as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
Learn about St. Patrick at new Ethnic Heritage Museum exhibit, opening Feb. 24
By Sue Lewandowski
Ethnic Heritage Museum
St. Patrick’s Day is almost here. Who was the real St. Patrick? Learn the answer to this question and many others at a new exhibit opening Sunday, Feb. 24, at Rockford’s Ethnic Heritage Museum (EHM), 1129 S. Main St. Lynell Cannell, of EHM’s Irish Gallery, will give a talk about St. Patrick and answer this question at 2:30 p.m. Also at the event, visitors will learn how the St. Patrick Church and the Irish Marching Society celebrate this day.
The museum exhibit can be seen any Sunday between 2 and 4 p.m. Tours may be arranged other days by calling the museum at (815) 962-7402. Admission for this St. Patrick’s special event, as well as other tour days, is $5 adult, $3 students and $10 families.
From the Feb. 20-26, 2013, issue