- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
Lifescape Community Services hosts medication workshop Feb. 27
Online Staff Report
Lifescape Community Services is hosting a free workshop in February to teach older adults, families and caregivers about safe medication use. The Medication Use Safety Training, or MUST, presentation will be held at 10 a.m., Wednesday, Feb. 27, at Lifescape’s offices at 705 Kilburn Ave., Rockford.
Through this free event, attendees will find out how to save money on prescriptions, avoid medication problems and learn the dangers of even the most common over-the-counter (OTC) and prescription medications. This program is important because older adults make up 13 percent of the population, but account for 34 percent of all prescription medication use and 30 percent of all OTC drug use. Many older adults live with at least one chronic condition, take multiple medications, have more than one prescribing health care provider and use at least one pharmacy.
Space is limited. To be a part of this information-filled event, call Susan M. Smith at Lifescape Community Services at (815) 963-1609.
Posted Feb. 20, 2013