- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Lifescape Community Services hosts medication workshop Feb. 27
Online Staff Report
Lifescape Community Services is hosting a free workshop in February to teach older adults, families and caregivers about safe medication use. The Medication Use Safety Training, or MUST, presentation will be held at 10 a.m., Wednesday, Feb. 27, at Lifescape’s offices at 705 Kilburn Ave., Rockford.
Through this free event, attendees will find out how to save money on prescriptions, avoid medication problems and learn the dangers of even the most common over-the-counter (OTC) and prescription medications. This program is important because older adults make up 13 percent of the population, but account for 34 percent of all prescription medication use and 30 percent of all OTC drug use. Many older adults live with at least one chronic condition, take multiple medications, have more than one prescribing health care provider and use at least one pharmacy.
Space is limited. To be a part of this information-filled event, call Susan M. Smith at Lifescape Community Services at (815) 963-1609.
Posted Feb. 20, 2013