- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Lifescape Community Services hosts medication workshop Feb. 27
Online Staff Report
Lifescape Community Services is hosting a free workshop in February to teach older adults, families and caregivers about safe medication use. The Medication Use Safety Training, or MUST, presentation will be held at 10 a.m., Wednesday, Feb. 27, at Lifescape’s offices at 705 Kilburn Ave., Rockford.
Through this free event, attendees will find out how to save money on prescriptions, avoid medication problems and learn the dangers of even the most common over-the-counter (OTC) and prescription medications. This program is important because older adults make up 13 percent of the population, but account for 34 percent of all prescription medication use and 30 percent of all OTC drug use. Many older adults live with at least one chronic condition, take multiple medications, have more than one prescribing health care provider and use at least one pharmacy.
Space is limited. To be a part of this information-filled event, call Susan M. Smith at Lifescape Community Services at (815) 963-1609.
Posted Feb. 20, 2013