- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
- Award-winning author Dr. Amina Gautier at Rock Valley Sept. 25
- City to remove traffic lights
- Apple orchards still hurting from last winter’s cold
- Photos: North America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment at Rockford’s Midway Village
Model Railroad Show and Swap Meet Feb. 23-24 in Lena, Ill.
Online Staff Report
LENA, Ill. — The Depot Stove Gang Model Railroad Club will present its 25th Annual Model Railroad Show and Swap Meet Saturday and Sunday, Feb. 23-24, in the gymnasiums of the Lena-Winslow elementary, junior high and high schools.
The show will include 30,000 square feet of operating displays, railroad memorabilia and model railroad merchandise.
Show hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 23, and 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 24. Lunch is available both days. Admission and parking are both free, although freewill donations will be accepted.
Lena is just north of U.S. Route 20 on Illinois 73. Directional signs will be posted.
The Depot Stove Gang Show is rated as one of the nicest and largest shows in the Midwest. The Depot Stove Gang is an Illinois not-for-profit corporation.
For more details about the show and the area, contact the Freeport/Stephenson County Convention and Visitors Bureau at (815) 233-1357.
Posted Feb. 20, 2013