- Remember, fireworks are dangerous
- Wallace asks citizens to fight cuts
- Dispute over state payroll rolls on
- Why fight over free trade confounds partisan divide
- Still no state budget
- Crime control is not the responsibility of landlords
- Fly over to the Poplar Grove Wings and Wheels Museum benefit
- Local leaders warn of budget deadlock’s impact
- SHUTDOWN: Illinois preps for the worst
- TRRT Online Edition | July 1-7
Model Railroad Show and Swap Meet Feb. 23-24 in Lena, Ill.
Online Staff Report
LENA, Ill. — The Depot Stove Gang Model Railroad Club will present its 25th Annual Model Railroad Show and Swap Meet Saturday and Sunday, Feb. 23-24, in the gymnasiums of the Lena-Winslow elementary, junior high and high schools.
The show will include 30,000 square feet of operating displays, railroad memorabilia and model railroad merchandise.
Show hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 23, and 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 24. Lunch is available both days. Admission and parking are both free, although freewill donations will be accepted.
Lena is just north of U.S. Route 20 on Illinois 73. Directional signs will be posted.
The Depot Stove Gang Show is rated as one of the nicest and largest shows in the Midwest. The Depot Stove Gang is an Illinois not-for-profit corporation.
For more details about the show and the area, contact the Freeport/Stephenson County Convention and Visitors Bureau at (815) 233-1357.
Posted Feb. 20, 2013