- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Model Railroad Show and Swap Meet Feb. 23-24 in Lena, Ill.
Online Staff Report
LENA, Ill. — The Depot Stove Gang Model Railroad Club will present its 25th Annual Model Railroad Show and Swap Meet Saturday and Sunday, Feb. 23-24, in the gymnasiums of the Lena-Winslow elementary, junior high and high schools.
The show will include 30,000 square feet of operating displays, railroad memorabilia and model railroad merchandise.
Show hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 23, and 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Sunday, Feb. 24. Lunch is available both days. Admission and parking are both free, although freewill donations will be accepted.
Lena is just north of U.S. Route 20 on Illinois 73. Directional signs will be posted.
The Depot Stove Gang Show is rated as one of the nicest and largest shows in the Midwest. The Depot Stove Gang is an Illinois not-for-profit corporation.
For more details about the show and the area, contact the Freeport/Stephenson County Convention and Visitors Bureau at (815) 233-1357.
Posted Feb. 20, 2013