- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
North Boone senior signs to play baseball at Rock Valley College
Online Staff Report
North Boone High School senior catcher Jordan Santiago has signed a National Letter of Intent to continue his playing career at Rock Valley College (RVC).
“We are excited to have Jordan choose Rock Valley College to continue his athletic and academic career,” said RVC Head Baseball Coach Kevin Vest. “We think Jordan will continue to progress behind the plate and as an offensive player, and will have a number of opportunities to continue his career after two years in our program.”
In addition to being a letter winner at North Boone High School, where he was coached by Deon Dinsmore, Santiago has competed for Dan Scarpetta’s Rockford Hitmen program for the past two summers.
Posted Feb. 20, 2013