- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
North Boone senior signs to play baseball at Rock Valley College
Online Staff Report
North Boone High School senior catcher Jordan Santiago has signed a National Letter of Intent to continue his playing career at Rock Valley College (RVC).
“We are excited to have Jordan choose Rock Valley College to continue his athletic and academic career,” said RVC Head Baseball Coach Kevin Vest. “We think Jordan will continue to progress behind the plate and as an offensive player, and will have a number of opportunities to continue his career after two years in our program.”
In addition to being a letter winner at North Boone High School, where he was coached by Deon Dinsmore, Santiago has competed for Dan Scarpetta’s Rockford Hitmen program for the past two summers.
Posted Feb. 20, 2013