- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
North Boone senior signs to play baseball at Rock Valley College
Online Staff Report
North Boone High School senior catcher Jordan Santiago has signed a National Letter of Intent to continue his playing career at Rock Valley College (RVC).
“We are excited to have Jordan choose Rock Valley College to continue his athletic and academic career,” said RVC Head Baseball Coach Kevin Vest. “We think Jordan will continue to progress behind the plate and as an offensive player, and will have a number of opportunities to continue his career after two years in our program.”
In addition to being a letter winner at North Boone High School, where he was coached by Deon Dinsmore, Santiago has competed for Dan Scarpetta’s Rockford Hitmen program for the past two summers.
Posted Feb. 20, 2013