- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Prairie View Assisted Living under new management
Online Staff Report
WINNEBAGO, Ill. — Parkside Management Services, LLC, of Skokie, Ill., has assumed the management and day-to-day operations of Prairie View Assisted Living, 500 E. McNair Road, Winnebago, Ill.
The community, which has been open since June 2008, has 30 apartments for assisted living, licensed by the State of Illinois.
“We feel fortunate to be part of Winnebago,” said Michael McCarthy, Parkside’s CEO. “The town’s strong commitment to improve the quality of life for area residents reflects the values we maintain for the retirement communities we develop and manage. We value the community involvement that Prairie View has and plan to continue to be an active member of this dynamic community.”
Suzanne Gitz, Prairie View executive director and local resident, will be staying on with the community as will all of the other staff.
“While our goal is to promote active and independent lifestyles, residents and their families appreciate knowing that a wide range of support services are available in our comfortable residential setting,” Gitz said.
Parkside is looking at ways to enhance the programs and services at the community, including the addition of a dedicated program for people with memory loss.
Based in Skokie, Parkside Management Services is a senior housing company with more than 33 years of experience in the industry.
Prairie View Assisted Living can be reached at (815) 335-1800.
Posted Feb. 20, 2013