- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
Seven self-defense moves every female should know
Online Staff Report
Matt Numrich loves to teach at his Rockford Martial Arts school, Elite Defense Systems. He has had the honor of training everyone from our U.S. Air Marshals after the wake of 9/11 to our Army and Navy. He even just finished a contract with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF).
However, one of the groups he loves to teach the most is not one of his high-profile government organizations, but regular civilian women. “Unfortunately, they are the real targets,” explains Numrich. “They are the ones robbers and rapists look for every day.” But he states that teaching these women is a tough task. They are busy moms, workers and community supporters. The last thing they have time for is an in-depth self-defense course to add to their plates.
That is why he created a female-focused self-defense seminar which teaches females the following:
-1 How psychology, attitude and confidence can save her from being a potential victim.
-2 Numrich also aims to teach females the seven most effective self-defense moves. “Learning simply how to kick box or watch a Tae Bo video will not give you the skills to protect yourself against someone who is much bigger and stronger than you,” Numrich states.
-3 Learn seven simple moves which can take down any larger and stronger attacker.
That is why his simple two-hour seminar forces him to teach the “need to know” information.
Matt Numrich will be offering this special seminar for females (ages 12 and up) through Rock Valley College from noon-2 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 23, at Elite Defense Systems, 5695 Strathmoor Drive, Rockford. This two-hour seminar will cost $19, but the lessons you will be taking away from it are worth a lot more.
For more information about this seminar or Elite Defense Systems programs for women through RVC, please call Matt Numrich at (815) 885-4758 or e-mail him at email@example.com.
Posted Feb. 20, 2013