- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Wheelchair basketball tournament Feb. 23-24 at Harlem High School
MACHESNEY PARK, Ill. — Rockford Park District’s Adapted Sports and Therapeutic Recreation teams will host the Midwest Conference Wheelchair Basketball Championship Tournament Saturday and Sunday, Feb. 23-24, at Harlem High School, 9229 N. Alpine Road, Machesney Park, Ill.
Approximately 26 high school teams in three divisions from Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio and Wisconsin will participate.
Approximate times for tournament play will be 8 a.m.-8 p.m., Saturday, and 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Sunday.
The public is encouraged to attend and cheer on the Jr. Chariots, ranked in the top 20 teams nationally, as they compete Saturday in games at 9:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m., where the outcome will determine their Sunday game times.
Concessions will be available, and spectator admission is free of charge.
For more about the tournament or wheelchair/paralympic athletics and recreation for people with disabilities, visit www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/tr, or contact the Park District’s Therapeutic Recreation Department at (815) 987-1610 (TTY users, call 888-871-6171).
From the Feb. 20-26, 2013, issue