- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Wheelchair basketball tournament Feb. 23-24 at Harlem High School
MACHESNEY PARK, Ill. — Rockford Park District’s Adapted Sports and Therapeutic Recreation teams will host the Midwest Conference Wheelchair Basketball Championship Tournament Saturday and Sunday, Feb. 23-24, at Harlem High School, 9229 N. Alpine Road, Machesney Park, Ill.
Approximately 26 high school teams in three divisions from Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio and Wisconsin will participate.
Approximate times for tournament play will be 8 a.m.-8 p.m., Saturday, and 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Sunday.
The public is encouraged to attend and cheer on the Jr. Chariots, ranked in the top 20 teams nationally, as they compete Saturday in games at 9:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m., where the outcome will determine their Sunday game times.
Concessions will be available, and spectator admission is free of charge.
For more about the tournament or wheelchair/paralympic athletics and recreation for people with disabilities, visit www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/tr, or contact the Park District’s Therapeutic Recreation Department at (815) 987-1610 (TTY users, call 888-871-6171).
From the Feb. 20-26, 2013, issue