- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
Wheelchair basketball tournament Feb. 23-24 at Harlem High School
MACHESNEY PARK, Ill. — Rockford Park District’s Adapted Sports and Therapeutic Recreation teams will host the Midwest Conference Wheelchair Basketball Championship Tournament Saturday and Sunday, Feb. 23-24, at Harlem High School, 9229 N. Alpine Road, Machesney Park, Ill.
Approximately 26 high school teams in three divisions from Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio and Wisconsin will participate.
Approximate times for tournament play will be 8 a.m.-8 p.m., Saturday, and 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Sunday.
The public is encouraged to attend and cheer on the Jr. Chariots, ranked in the top 20 teams nationally, as they compete Saturday in games at 9:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m., where the outcome will determine their Sunday game times.
Concessions will be available, and spectator admission is free of charge.
For more about the tournament or wheelchair/paralympic athletics and recreation for people with disabilities, visit www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/tr, or contact the Park District’s Therapeutic Recreation Department at (815) 987-1610 (TTY users, call 888-871-6171).
From the Feb. 20-26, 2013, issue