- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Wheelchair basketball tournament Feb. 23-24 at Harlem High School
MACHESNEY PARK, Ill. — Rockford Park District’s Adapted Sports and Therapeutic Recreation teams will host the Midwest Conference Wheelchair Basketball Championship Tournament Saturday and Sunday, Feb. 23-24, at Harlem High School, 9229 N. Alpine Road, Machesney Park, Ill.
Approximately 26 high school teams in three divisions from Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio and Wisconsin will participate.
Approximate times for tournament play will be 8 a.m.-8 p.m., Saturday, and 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Sunday.
The public is encouraged to attend and cheer on the Jr. Chariots, ranked in the top 20 teams nationally, as they compete Saturday in games at 9:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m., where the outcome will determine their Sunday game times.
Concessions will be available, and spectator admission is free of charge.
For more about the tournament or wheelchair/paralympic athletics and recreation for people with disabilities, visit www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/tr, or contact the Park District’s Therapeutic Recreation Department at (815) 987-1610 (TTY users, call 888-871-6171).
From the Feb. 20-26, 2013, issue