- Phishing scam targets I-PASS users
- 3rd Street bridge structurally deficient, to be closed March 19
- Obamacare: All eyes on high court
- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
Wheelchair basketball tournament Feb. 23-24 at Harlem High School
MACHESNEY PARK, Ill. — Rockford Park District’s Adapted Sports and Therapeutic Recreation teams will host the Midwest Conference Wheelchair Basketball Championship Tournament Saturday and Sunday, Feb. 23-24, at Harlem High School, 9229 N. Alpine Road, Machesney Park, Ill.
Approximately 26 high school teams in three divisions from Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio and Wisconsin will participate.
Approximate times for tournament play will be 8 a.m.-8 p.m., Saturday, and 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Sunday.
The public is encouraged to attend and cheer on the Jr. Chariots, ranked in the top 20 teams nationally, as they compete Saturday in games at 9:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m., where the outcome will determine their Sunday game times.
Concessions will be available, and spectator admission is free of charge.
For more about the tournament or wheelchair/paralympic athletics and recreation for people with disabilities, visit www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/tr, or contact the Park District’s Therapeutic Recreation Department at (815) 987-1610 (TTY users, call 888-871-6171).
From the Feb. 20-26, 2013, issue