Two injured in apartment fire on Prial Avenue in Rockford
Online Staff Report
The Rockford Fire Department was dispatched to an apartment complex at 3128 Prial Ave., on Rockford’s northwest side, shortly after 8 p.m., Wednesday, Feb. 20. Upon arrival, crews found fire on the first floor with heavy smoke.
Residents were rescued from the balconies by the first arriving crews. Two residents were transported to a local hospital for smoke inhalation.
The fire damaged all three floors of the building. Smoke detectors were found to be in working order on all floors and alerted residents to the fire. Damage is estimated at $350,000. Cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.
Fifty firefighters responded to the blaze, and no firefighters were injured. Response time was 2 minutes.
The Red Cross provided care for the displaced residents.
Posted Feb. 21, 2013
Print This Article