- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Aaron Carter headlines May 3 show in DeKalb
DEKALB, Ill. — Teen heartthrobs and pop sensations Aaron Carter and special guests Ryan Cabrera, Tyler Hilton and Teddy Geiger are coming to the historic Egyptian Theatre in downtown DeKalb, Ill., for a one-night only special performance presented by the Egyptian and ProSound Productions at 7 p.m., Friday, May 3.
Tickets go on sale to the general public at 11 a.m., Thursday, Feb. 28. Premium reserved seats are $35 and regular reserved seats are $22. Tickets are available by phone at (815) 758-1225 or in person during box office hours from 2 to 6 p.m., Tuesdays, and 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Thursdays. Tickets are available online 24/7 at www.egyptiantheatre.org.
Catapulted to fame in their childhood and teen years, all four artists have continued to pack houses and entertain devoted fans with their mix of pop, rock, folk and indie music. Carter, younger brother of the Back Street Boys’ Nick Carter, has been appearing on Broadway in the musical Fantasticks and appeared in the ninth season of ABC’s Dancing with the Stars, dancing with partner Kirina Smirnoff and finishing fifth overall.
Cabrera, Hilton and Geiger are in the midst of their first-ever national tour together. By 21, Cabrera was in the studio with his mentor Johnny Rzeznik (Goo Goo Dolls) writing and producing his first major-label debut, Take It All Away. Hilton is best known for his role as Chris Keller on the CW hit-show One Tree Hill and for playing Elvis Presley in the Johnny Cash biopic Walk the Line. Geiger shot to stardom with the million selling international hit, For You I Will, which was featured on Geiger’s critically-acclaimed debut album, Underage Thinking, entering the Billboard charts at No. 8 in 2006.
For more information or to purchase tickets, visit www.egyptiantheatre.org.
The Egyptian Theatre is operated by the 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization Preservation of Egyptian Theatre, Inc., and is at 135 N. Second St., downtown DeKalb, Ill.
From the Feb. 27-March 5, 2013, issue