- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Aaron Carter headlines May 3 show in DeKalb
DEKALB, Ill. — Teen heartthrobs and pop sensations Aaron Carter and special guests Ryan Cabrera, Tyler Hilton and Teddy Geiger are coming to the historic Egyptian Theatre in downtown DeKalb, Ill., for a one-night only special performance presented by the Egyptian and ProSound Productions at 7 p.m., Friday, May 3.
Tickets go on sale to the general public at 11 a.m., Thursday, Feb. 28. Premium reserved seats are $35 and regular reserved seats are $22. Tickets are available by phone at (815) 758-1225 or in person during box office hours from 2 to 6 p.m., Tuesdays, and 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Thursdays. Tickets are available online 24/7 at www.egyptiantheatre.org.
Catapulted to fame in their childhood and teen years, all four artists have continued to pack houses and entertain devoted fans with their mix of pop, rock, folk and indie music. Carter, younger brother of the Back Street Boys’ Nick Carter, has been appearing on Broadway in the musical Fantasticks and appeared in the ninth season of ABC’s Dancing with the Stars, dancing with partner Kirina Smirnoff and finishing fifth overall.
Cabrera, Hilton and Geiger are in the midst of their first-ever national tour together. By 21, Cabrera was in the studio with his mentor Johnny Rzeznik (Goo Goo Dolls) writing and producing his first major-label debut, Take It All Away. Hilton is best known for his role as Chris Keller on the CW hit-show One Tree Hill and for playing Elvis Presley in the Johnny Cash biopic Walk the Line. Geiger shot to stardom with the million selling international hit, For You I Will, which was featured on Geiger’s critically-acclaimed debut album, Underage Thinking, entering the Billboard charts at No. 8 in 2006.
For more information or to purchase tickets, visit www.egyptiantheatre.org.
The Egyptian Theatre is operated by the 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization Preservation of Egyptian Theatre, Inc., and is at 135 N. Second St., downtown DeKalb, Ill.
From the Feb. 27-March 5, 2013, issue