- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Retain County Clerk Margie Mullins
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Elect Sheila Simon as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
Doll & Toy Show March 3 in Oregon, Ill.
Online Staff Report
OREGON, Ill. — The Seventh Annual Doll & Toy Show will be from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday, March 3, at Rock River Center, 810 S. 10th St., Oregon, Ill.
This year’s show will have two guest exhibitors. The Polo Historical Society will have on display some of their recent acquisitions — antique paper dolls. Betty Obendorf will be on hand with information about this and other features of the Polo museum.
The other guest will be C.J. Remrey. She makes dolls that look like her family members.
As always, the show will have doll artist Connie Zink, from Land of Oz Dolls, and members from the Greater Rockford Area Doll Club. Membership information will be available.
Another new feature of the show will be a free husband parking area. The food court will be separated from the show, and is open to the public. Both the food court and the Polo exhibit will be free.
For more information, contact Joann’s Dolls at (815) 234-8332 or joannLG@comcast.net.
Posted Feb. 27, 2013