- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Feb. 28 deadline to take pictures at Klehm for photography contest
Online Staff Report
Photographers of all ages have been invited to capture snowy landscapes, wildlife and plants in their winter form as part of Klehm Arboretum’s Winter 2013: Amateur Photography Contest. Deadline to take pictures is Feb. 28.
The goal of the competition is to capture the spirit of the season at Klehm. For the rest of February, save $1 on admission when you bring a camera. Win prizes and bragging rights. Adult competition is for ages 15 and older; children’s competition is for chidren 14 and younger. Photos must be submitted by March 1. Winners will be announced March 13, and an award ceremony will be March 23.
Klehm is at 2715 S. Main St., Rockford, and can be reached at (815) 965-8146 or online at klehm.org.
Posted Feb. 27, 2013