- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
- Award-winning author Dr. Amina Gautier at Rock Valley Sept. 25
- City to remove traffic lights
- Apple orchards still hurting from last winter’s cold
- Photos: North America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment at Rockford’s Midway Village
Feb. 28 deadline to take pictures at Klehm for photography contest
Online Staff Report
Photographers of all ages have been invited to capture snowy landscapes, wildlife and plants in their winter form as part of Klehm Arboretum’s Winter 2013: Amateur Photography Contest. Deadline to take pictures is Feb. 28.
The goal of the competition is to capture the spirit of the season at Klehm. For the rest of February, save $1 on admission when you bring a camera. Win prizes and bragging rights. Adult competition is for ages 15 and older; children’s competition is for chidren 14 and younger. Photos must be submitted by March 1. Winners will be announced March 13, and an award ceremony will be March 23.
Klehm is at 2715 S. Main St., Rockford, and can be reached at (815) 965-8146 or online at klehm.org.
Posted Feb. 27, 2013