- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
Feb. 28 deadline to take pictures at Klehm for photography contest
Online Staff Report
Photographers of all ages have been invited to capture snowy landscapes, wildlife and plants in their winter form as part of Klehm Arboretum’s Winter 2013: Amateur Photography Contest. Deadline to take pictures is Feb. 28.
The goal of the competition is to capture the spirit of the season at Klehm. For the rest of February, save $1 on admission when you bring a camera. Win prizes and bragging rights. Adult competition is for ages 15 and older; children’s competition is for chidren 14 and younger. Photos must be submitted by March 1. Winners will be announced March 13, and an award ceremony will be March 23.
Klehm is at 2715 S. Main St., Rockford, and can be reached at (815) 965-8146 or online at klehm.org.
Posted Feb. 27, 2013