- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Juried photography show opens March 1
Online Staff Report
BELOIT, Wis. — Thirteen photographers will be displaying their works at the Beloit Fine Arts Incubator, 520 E. Grand Ave., Beloit, Wis. The theme of the show is “The Magic of Light.”
Photographers from Illinois and Wisconsin entered a total of 78 images for the show; 44 images were accepted based on the aesthetics, technique and how well the photograph fit the criteria of the show.
From the 44 images, three images were selected to be awarded prizes. The top photographer will receive $150; the second, $100; and the third place will receive $50. Winners will be announced on the opening night of the show.
The opening reception will be from 5:30 to 8 p.m. and is open to the public at no charge. The show will continue through March 28 and is open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., weekdays.
Posted Feb. 27, 2013