- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
Juried photography show opens March 1
Online Staff Report
BELOIT, Wis. — Thirteen photographers will be displaying their works at the Beloit Fine Arts Incubator, 520 E. Grand Ave., Beloit, Wis. The theme of the show is “The Magic of Light.”
Photographers from Illinois and Wisconsin entered a total of 78 images for the show; 44 images were accepted based on the aesthetics, technique and how well the photograph fit the criteria of the show.
From the 44 images, three images were selected to be awarded prizes. The top photographer will receive $150; the second, $100; and the third place will receive $50. Winners will be announced on the opening night of the show.
The opening reception will be from 5:30 to 8 p.m. and is open to the public at no charge. The show will continue through March 28 and is open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., weekdays.
Posted Feb. 27, 2013