- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Juried photography show opens March 1
Online Staff Report
BELOIT, Wis. — Thirteen photographers will be displaying their works at the Beloit Fine Arts Incubator, 520 E. Grand Ave., Beloit, Wis. The theme of the show is “The Magic of Light.”
Photographers from Illinois and Wisconsin entered a total of 78 images for the show; 44 images were accepted based on the aesthetics, technique and how well the photograph fit the criteria of the show.
From the 44 images, three images were selected to be awarded prizes. The top photographer will receive $150; the second, $100; and the third place will receive $50. Winners will be announced on the opening night of the show.
The opening reception will be from 5:30 to 8 p.m. and is open to the public at no charge. The show will continue through March 28 and is open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., weekdays.
Posted Feb. 27, 2013