- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Juried photography show opens March 1
Online Staff Report
BELOIT, Wis. — Thirteen photographers will be displaying their works at the Beloit Fine Arts Incubator, 520 E. Grand Ave., Beloit, Wis. The theme of the show is “The Magic of Light.”
Photographers from Illinois and Wisconsin entered a total of 78 images for the show; 44 images were accepted based on the aesthetics, technique and how well the photograph fit the criteria of the show.
From the 44 images, three images were selected to be awarded prizes. The top photographer will receive $150; the second, $100; and the third place will receive $50. Winners will be announced on the opening night of the show.
The opening reception will be from 5:30 to 8 p.m. and is open to the public at no charge. The show will continue through March 28 and is open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., weekdays.
Posted Feb. 27, 2013