- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Juried photography show opens March 1
Online Staff Report
BELOIT, Wis. — Thirteen photographers will be displaying their works at the Beloit Fine Arts Incubator, 520 E. Grand Ave., Beloit, Wis. The theme of the show is “The Magic of Light.”
Photographers from Illinois and Wisconsin entered a total of 78 images for the show; 44 images were accepted based on the aesthetics, technique and how well the photograph fit the criteria of the show.
From the 44 images, three images were selected to be awarded prizes. The top photographer will receive $150; the second, $100; and the third place will receive $50. Winners will be announced on the opening night of the show.
The opening reception will be from 5:30 to 8 p.m. and is open to the public at no charge. The show will continue through March 28 and is open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., weekdays.
Posted Feb. 27, 2013