- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
KNIB adds two board members
Jennifer Kuroda, of Rockford, and Patrick J. Murphy, of Belvidere, have joined Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful (KNIB) as members of the Board of Directors.
“We are pleased to have these supportive volunteers,” said Board Chairman Bob McCreath. “Patrick Murphy will spearhead our expansion in Boone County, and Jennifer Kuroda brings to the table her expertise in science and ecological stewardship.”
Murphy has served as Belvidere Township supervisor since 2008 and is agent/owner of P. Murphy Insurance Services. He also serves on the board of Growth Dimensions and the state board for CASA.
Kuroda is quality improvement manager at SwedishAmerican Health System, where she oversees regulatory compliance, risk management, and care coordination for the SwedishAmerican Health Group. She is also enrolled in a graduate program in zoology with Miami University of Ohio.
For 25 years, KNIB has engaged all elements of the community to enhance the environment and beauty of the region by reducing, reusing and recycling the world’s resources for future generations. For more information, call (815) 637-1343, visit the website at www.knib.org, or “like” the organization’s page on Facebook, www.facebook.com/keepnorthernillinoisbeautiful.
From the Feb. 27-March 5, 2013, issue