- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
KNIB adds two board members
Jennifer Kuroda, of Rockford, and Patrick J. Murphy, of Belvidere, have joined Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful (KNIB) as members of the Board of Directors.
“We are pleased to have these supportive volunteers,” said Board Chairman Bob McCreath. “Patrick Murphy will spearhead our expansion in Boone County, and Jennifer Kuroda brings to the table her expertise in science and ecological stewardship.”
Murphy has served as Belvidere Township supervisor since 2008 and is agent/owner of P. Murphy Insurance Services. He also serves on the board of Growth Dimensions and the state board for CASA.
Kuroda is quality improvement manager at SwedishAmerican Health System, where she oversees regulatory compliance, risk management, and care coordination for the SwedishAmerican Health Group. She is also enrolled in a graduate program in zoology with Miami University of Ohio.
For 25 years, KNIB has engaged all elements of the community to enhance the environment and beauty of the region by reducing, reusing and recycling the world’s resources for future generations. For more information, call (815) 637-1343, visit the website at www.knib.org, or “like” the organization’s page on Facebook, www.facebook.com/keepnorthernillinoisbeautiful.
From the Feb. 27-March 5, 2013, issue