- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
KNIB adds two board members
Jennifer Kuroda, of Rockford, and Patrick J. Murphy, of Belvidere, have joined Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful (KNIB) as members of the Board of Directors.
“We are pleased to have these supportive volunteers,” said Board Chairman Bob McCreath. “Patrick Murphy will spearhead our expansion in Boone County, and Jennifer Kuroda brings to the table her expertise in science and ecological stewardship.”
Murphy has served as Belvidere Township supervisor since 2008 and is agent/owner of P. Murphy Insurance Services. He also serves on the board of Growth Dimensions and the state board for CASA.
Kuroda is quality improvement manager at SwedishAmerican Health System, where she oversees regulatory compliance, risk management, and care coordination for the SwedishAmerican Health Group. She is also enrolled in a graduate program in zoology with Miami University of Ohio.
For 25 years, KNIB has engaged all elements of the community to enhance the environment and beauty of the region by reducing, reusing and recycling the world’s resources for future generations. For more information, call (815) 637-1343, visit the website at www.knib.org, or “like” the organization’s page on Facebook, www.facebook.com/keepnorthernillinoisbeautiful.
From the Feb. 27-March 5, 2013, issue