- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Michael Hey, organist, to perform in Sounds from the Sanctuary concert
Online Staff Report
First Lutheran Church, 225 S. Third St., Rockford, offers the fourth in this season’s eclectic Sounds from the Sanctuary concert series when it presents Michael Hey, organist, at 3 p.m., Sunday, March 3, at the church.
Michael Thomas Crisostomo Hey studies organ at The Juilliard School in the class of Paul Jacobs, chairman of the department and recent Grammy Award winner. A full-tuition recipient in his fourth year, he has been accepted into the highly selective Accelerated B.M./M.M. program.
Hey serves as assistant organist at Fifth Avenue Presbyterian Church in Manhattan. His official New York City debut came in November 2010 at Lincoln Center when he performed a Handel organ concerto with the Juilliard Orchestra.
Hey performs solo organ concerts throughout the country, having recently performed at the 2012 American Guild of Organists’ national convention in Nashville, Tenn. He enjoys chamber music, improvising, transcribing and collaborating with a variety of composers, musicians and artists.
The final offering in the 2013 Sounds from the Sanctuary series will feature Jacques Saint-Cyr, flute, and Anne Marie Olson, piano, in a “It Takes Two” concert Sunday, April 7.
First Lutheran, corner of Third and Oak streets, is in the heart of Rockford’s historic Haight Village. A large parking lot sits adjacent to the church. Street parking and nearby public lots are also available. First Lutheran is handicap accessible.
For more information about the concert series, contact First Lutheran at (815) 962-6691.
Posted Feb. 27, 2013