- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
Six-time Grammy winners The Chieftains at Coronado March 2
Online Staff Report
Six-time Grammy Award winners The Chieftains will play at Rockford’s Coronado Performing Arts Center at 7:30 p.m., Saturday, March 2.
If you’re not already familiar, The Chieftains are the world’s most influential and successful traditional Irish band. They’ve defined Celtic music for a popular audience worldwide during their astonishing 50-year career, collaborating with legends like Sting, Van Morrison, Joni Mitchell and The Rolling Stones along the way.
The band achieved the highest Billboard debut of its career in 2012 with “Voice of Ages,” which Rolling Stone magazine called “killer” and Billboard hailed as “momentous.”
Tickets are $45-$55, and can be ordered online at coronadopac.org; at the Coronado Box Office, 314 N. Main St., Rockford; or by calling (815) 968-0595.
Posted Feb. 27, 2013