- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
Six-time Grammy winners The Chieftains at Coronado March 2
Online Staff Report
Six-time Grammy Award winners The Chieftains will play at Rockford’s Coronado Performing Arts Center at 7:30 p.m., Saturday, March 2.
If you’re not already familiar, The Chieftains are the world’s most influential and successful traditional Irish band. They’ve defined Celtic music for a popular audience worldwide during their astonishing 50-year career, collaborating with legends like Sting, Van Morrison, Joni Mitchell and The Rolling Stones along the way.
The band achieved the highest Billboard debut of its career in 2012 with “Voice of Ages,” which Rolling Stone magazine called “killer” and Billboard hailed as “momentous.”
Tickets are $45-$55, and can be ordered online at coronadopac.org; at the Coronado Box Office, 314 N. Main St., Rockford; or by calling (815) 968-0595.
Posted Feb. 27, 2013