- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
- TRRT March 25-31 | Online Edition
- State Roundup: Plaintiffs join Rauner on fair share case
Six-time Grammy winners The Chieftains at Coronado March 2
Online Staff Report
Six-time Grammy Award winners The Chieftains will play at Rockford’s Coronado Performing Arts Center at 7:30 p.m., Saturday, March 2.
If you’re not already familiar, The Chieftains are the world’s most influential and successful traditional Irish band. They’ve defined Celtic music for a popular audience worldwide during their astonishing 50-year career, collaborating with legends like Sting, Van Morrison, Joni Mitchell and The Rolling Stones along the way.
The band achieved the highest Billboard debut of its career in 2012 with “Voice of Ages,” which Rolling Stone magazine called “killer” and Billboard hailed as “momentous.”
Tickets are $45-$55, and can be ordered online at coronadopac.org; at the Coronado Box Office, 314 N. Main St., Rockford; or by calling (815) 968-0595.
Posted Feb. 27, 2013