- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Six-time Grammy winners The Chieftains at Coronado March 2
Online Staff Report
Six-time Grammy Award winners The Chieftains will play at Rockford’s Coronado Performing Arts Center at 7:30 p.m., Saturday, March 2.
If you’re not already familiar, The Chieftains are the world’s most influential and successful traditional Irish band. They’ve defined Celtic music for a popular audience worldwide during their astonishing 50-year career, collaborating with legends like Sting, Van Morrison, Joni Mitchell and The Rolling Stones along the way.
The band achieved the highest Billboard debut of its career in 2012 with “Voice of Ages,” which Rolling Stone magazine called “killer” and Billboard hailed as “momentous.”
Tickets are $45-$55, and can be ordered online at coronadopac.org; at the Coronado Box Office, 314 N. Main St., Rockford; or by calling (815) 968-0595.
Posted Feb. 27, 2013