- Obamacare: All eyes on high court
- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
- Industry response to peak oil not enough long term
- TRRT March 4-10 | Online Edition
Six-time Grammy winners The Chieftains at Coronado March 2
Online Staff Report
Six-time Grammy Award winners The Chieftains will play at Rockford’s Coronado Performing Arts Center at 7:30 p.m., Saturday, March 2.
If you’re not already familiar, The Chieftains are the world’s most influential and successful traditional Irish band. They’ve defined Celtic music for a popular audience worldwide during their astonishing 50-year career, collaborating with legends like Sting, Van Morrison, Joni Mitchell and The Rolling Stones along the way.
The band achieved the highest Billboard debut of its career in 2012 with “Voice of Ages,” which Rolling Stone magazine called “killer” and Billboard hailed as “momentous.”
Tickets are $45-$55, and can be ordered online at coronadopac.org; at the Coronado Box Office, 314 N. Main St., Rockford; or by calling (815) 968-0595.
Posted Feb. 27, 2013