- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
Buddy Mondlock at Mendelssohn Hall March 8
Online Staff Report
Charlotte’s Web, a division of Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center, will present singer/songwriter Buddy Mondlock at 7:30 p.m., Friday, March 8, at Mendelssohn Hall (formerly First Presbyterian Church), 406 N. Main St., Rockford.
Buddy Mondlock writes songs! He does it so well that some great songwriters have recorded his songs on their own albums! But there’s nothing like hearing the guy who wrote ’em sing ’em.
This acclaimed singer/songwriter and Chicago-area native is respected by his peers and fans alike as a real songwriter’s songwriter.
Mondlock appeared on PBS’s Great Performances in 1996 with Peter, Paul and Mary, where together they sang Mondlock’s song, “The Kid.” His songs have been recorded by Garth Brooks, Guy Clark, Joan Baez, Janis Ian, David Wilcox, and Cry, Cry, Cry. Nanci Griffith fans will recognize Mondlock’s “Comin’ Down in the Rain” from her Grammy Award-winning collection, Other Voices, Other Rooms. In 2003, Buddy toured with Art Garfunkel and Maia Sharp behind their trio album titled Everything Waits to be Noticed.
Tickets are $15 for adults and $5 for students. To purchase tickets, either go online at www.mendelssohnpac.org, or call (815) 964-9713.
Posted March 6, 2013