- 20-year sentence in 2013 homicide
- Parolee arrested after search warrant at RHA property
- Olympic star Michael Phelps arrested on second DUI charge
- Former NIU QB Harnish signed to Vikings practice squad
- Man arrested after ax incident
- The Odds Man: Chicago, Detroit, San Diego good bets in Week 4
- Updated: Roosevelt High School evacuated after bomb threat
- Grand jury: No charges against Tony Stewart
- Laurent House to remain open for tours throughout the year
- Dynamic father-son piano duo at Mendelssohn Sept. 26
Crossroads Blues Society brings two shows in one week
Crossroads Blues Society has two upcoming shows in one week, plus Blues In The Schools (BITS) programs set to go in two area schools.
Reverend Raven and the Chain Smokin’ Altar Boys with Westside Andy Linderman are coming to town after a snow and ice storm precluded their travel to Rockford in January. Wednesday, March 13, they will appear at the Adriatic Live Music Bar on the corner of Jefferson and Church streets in Rockford at 7 p.m. There is a $5 cover charge. Thursday, March 14, they will be conducting a morning BITS session at Harlem Middle School in Loves Park, Ill., and then in the afternoon they will be in Rockford at Haskell Elementary School. These will be the 111th and 112th programs done in area schools. BITS has served to bring the blues to close to 34,000 students in the last 10 years.
Friday night, March 15, guitar virtuoso Bobby Messano comes to Rockford for a show at Mary’s Place, 602 N. Madison St. The show starts at 8 p.m., and admission is $10. Advanced tickets get limited reserve seating, so get a ticket at Mary’s or call Steve at Crossroads at (779) 537-4006 to reserve a seat.
From the March 6-12, 2013, issue