- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
Obama administration still harming American people
Sequester schmester! What a distraction from the damage this administration is wreaking on the American people! I’ll admit it. I’ve only recently realized that a billion dollars is 1,000 million, and a trillion is 1,000 billion. So, with a national budget of $3.5 trillion, the sequester is $85 billion, or 2.4 percent of the budget. If your budget were $1,000, could you manage if it were reduced by $24?
The president was AWOL in the effort to avoid sequester’s indiscriminate cuts — he didn’t meet with Harry Reid. He campaigned. He vowed to veto a Republican bill giving him authority to specify cuts, to inflict least damage on the national security and vital functions. He could have protected food inspections and airport traffic control. And this is the guy who says he is looking out for the American people?
Listen to the March 1 show at MarkLevinShow.com. Mark lambasts House Republicans who have a choice to defund Obamacare in the March Continuing Resolution. Nothing represents a greater threat to our national health — literally and figuratively — than Obamacare. Employers who reduced employee hours to 30 to avoid Obamacare’s obscene insurance costs have learned the rules changed. Now, they’re reducing hours to 25. This is good for working people? But the sheeple still believe Obama cares for the “little guy.”
Northern IL Tea Party invites the public to the third Thursday, March 21 meeting,West Main in Rockton.
From the March 6-12, 2013, issue