- Guest Commentary: the Rockford Apartment Association
- State Roundup: NIU employee improperly reimbursed $30K
- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
Obama administration still harming American people
Sequester schmester! What a distraction from the damage this administration is wreaking on the American people! I’ll admit it. I’ve only recently realized that a billion dollars is 1,000 million, and a trillion is 1,000 billion. So, with a national budget of $3.5 trillion, the sequester is $85 billion, or 2.4 percent of the budget. If your budget were $1,000, could you manage if it were reduced by $24?
The president was AWOL in the effort to avoid sequester’s indiscriminate cuts — he didn’t meet with Harry Reid. He campaigned. He vowed to veto a Republican bill giving him authority to specify cuts, to inflict least damage on the national security and vital functions. He could have protected food inspections and airport traffic control. And this is the guy who says he is looking out for the American people?
Listen to the March 1 show at MarkLevinShow.com. Mark lambasts House Republicans who have a choice to defund Obamacare in the March Continuing Resolution. Nothing represents a greater threat to our national health — literally and figuratively — than Obamacare. Employers who reduced employee hours to 30 to avoid Obamacare’s obscene insurance costs have learned the rules changed. Now, they’re reducing hours to 25. This is good for working people? But the sheeple still believe Obama cares for the “little guy.”
Northern IL Tea Party invites the public to the third Thursday, March 21 meeting,West Main in Rockton.
From the March 6-12, 2013, issue