- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
Starr Pittaway completes class on auricular therapy
Starr Pittaway, CNHP, of Step Into Wellness, 5301 E. State St., has completed a class on auricular therapy.
Needle-free auricular therapy is the practice of mapping the body’s energetic points on the ear. The auricular points, based on Chinese nomenclature, can help people deal with common conditions such as obesity, smoking, addictions, stress, back pain and body aches, digestive disorders, sensitivities, and other conditions. Because the body’s organs and structures can be mapped to the ear, they can be activated through the use of electrical, cold laser, magnetic and heat stimulation, as applied to the ear points.
The benefits of auricular therapy are that it activates the meridian, which regulates energy flow, stimulates the internal organs, improves the circulation in general, aids in the flow of the lymphatic system, restores both emotional and energetic balance to organs and body systems, induces deep relaxation, stimulates the brain, and improves the immune system as a prevention measure.
Pittaway provides wellness evaluations, weight loss, ionic foot detox, Bach flowers, nutritional supplements and enzymes, and with complete course work during 2010, has become an advanced digestive specialist working with stiff, sore joints, headache, heartburn, gas and bloating, constipation, diarrhea, anxiety, irritability and restlessness. By removing heavy metals and chemicals (detoxing) and fortifying or supporting the body with nutrients, nutritional supplements and enzymes, one can enjoy improved quality of life with vitality. Humans are capable of living in balance with energy and in a state of homeostasis.
From the March 6-12, 2013, issue