- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Support CASA as a volunteer
Every year, there are millions of abused and neglected children who have become wards of the court. CASA is a program where volunteers are appointed by the court to speak for the child’s best interest. Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) are trained volunteers from our community.
These children are at risk because of their circumstances, i.e., they are abused and/or neglected. The CASA volunteer then provides the judge with factual, researched details about the child to help the judge make an informed decision regarding the child’s future. CASA is often the one consistent person throughout the duration of the child’s case, providing continuity for the child until the case is permanently resolved.
We always need volunteers for the program as the number of new children assigned to us changes on a monthly basis. There is no special experience or education to become a CASA volunteer. All one needs is a commitment to children and the desire to help.
The American Bar Association, the National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges, and the Office of the Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention of the U.S. Department of Justice have endorsed CASA.
Please think of our children and consider becoming a CASA volunteer. For more information, visit our website, www.casaleecarroll.com, or call (815) 288-1901.
CASA 15th Judicial Circuit Board Member
(serving Lee, Carroll, and Ogle counties)
From the March 6-12, 2013, issue