- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
The Moonlight Serenade March 9 in Freeport
Online Staff Report
FREEPORT, Ill. — Kick up your heels and dance away those winter blues at the 10th Annual Moonlight Serenade Saturday, March 9, from 7:30 to 10:30 p.m.
The Freeport High School Jazz Ensemble and Highland College Big Band, featured under the baton of Bill Peterson, will both entertain the stage of the legendary Freeport Masonic Temple Ballroom, 305 W. Stephenson St., Freeport, Ill.
Many big band-era classics, along with modern jazz sounds, will lead the assortment of swing tunes, ballads, waltzes and Latin grooves. Dancers and music fans of all ages are expected and welcome.
Something for everyone is promised throughout this exciting evening — outstanding music, dancing, food and fun. Special polka, waltz and line dance music will captivate the attention of all dance enthusiasts.
Appetizers and soft drinks will be available.
Tickets are $7.50 and may be purchased in advance at the Highland Community College Box Office by calling (815) 599-3718, Monday through Friday, 1-5 p.m., or at the door.
Posted March 6, 2013