- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
The Moonlight Serenade March 9 in Freeport
Online Staff Report
FREEPORT, Ill. — Kick up your heels and dance away those winter blues at the 10th Annual Moonlight Serenade Saturday, March 9, from 7:30 to 10:30 p.m.
The Freeport High School Jazz Ensemble and Highland College Big Band, featured under the baton of Bill Peterson, will both entertain the stage of the legendary Freeport Masonic Temple Ballroom, 305 W. Stephenson St., Freeport, Ill.
Many big band-era classics, along with modern jazz sounds, will lead the assortment of swing tunes, ballads, waltzes and Latin grooves. Dancers and music fans of all ages are expected and welcome.
Something for everyone is promised throughout this exciting evening — outstanding music, dancing, food and fun. Special polka, waltz and line dance music will captivate the attention of all dance enthusiasts.
Appetizers and soft drinks will be available.
Tickets are $7.50 and may be purchased in advance at the Highland Community College Box Office by calling (815) 599-3718, Monday through Friday, 1-5 p.m., or at the door.
Posted March 6, 2013