- Phishing scam targets I-PASS users
- 3rd Street bridge structurally deficient, to be closed March 19
- Obamacare: All eyes on high court
- Dems, Rauner spar over deficit solution; Senate Democrats poised to pass own version
- Minnie Minoso: Dead at 90, unbeaten
- Bring back legislative scholarships? Proposal faces serious questions from both sides
- First Friday opening for Olive Oil Experience
- RAM announce 74th Young Artist winners
- Texas Two-step: ‘Hogs sweep weekend, return home
- More highlights from the Chicago Auto Show
The Moonlight Serenade March 9 in Freeport
Online Staff Report
FREEPORT, Ill. — Kick up your heels and dance away those winter blues at the 10th Annual Moonlight Serenade Saturday, March 9, from 7:30 to 10:30 p.m.
The Freeport High School Jazz Ensemble and Highland College Big Band, featured under the baton of Bill Peterson, will both entertain the stage of the legendary Freeport Masonic Temple Ballroom, 305 W. Stephenson St., Freeport, Ill.
Many big band-era classics, along with modern jazz sounds, will lead the assortment of swing tunes, ballads, waltzes and Latin grooves. Dancers and music fans of all ages are expected and welcome.
Something for everyone is promised throughout this exciting evening — outstanding music, dancing, food and fun. Special polka, waltz and line dance music will captivate the attention of all dance enthusiasts.
Appetizers and soft drinks will be available.
Tickets are $7.50 and may be purchased in advance at the Highland Community College Box Office by calling (815) 599-3718, Monday through Friday, 1-5 p.m., or at the door.
Posted March 6, 2013