- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
The Moonlight Serenade March 9 in Freeport
Online Staff Report
FREEPORT, Ill. — Kick up your heels and dance away those winter blues at the 10th Annual Moonlight Serenade Saturday, March 9, from 7:30 to 10:30 p.m.
The Freeport High School Jazz Ensemble and Highland College Big Band, featured under the baton of Bill Peterson, will both entertain the stage of the legendary Freeport Masonic Temple Ballroom, 305 W. Stephenson St., Freeport, Ill.
Many big band-era classics, along with modern jazz sounds, will lead the assortment of swing tunes, ballads, waltzes and Latin grooves. Dancers and music fans of all ages are expected and welcome.
Something for everyone is promised throughout this exciting evening — outstanding music, dancing, food and fun. Special polka, waltz and line dance music will captivate the attention of all dance enthusiasts.
Appetizers and soft drinks will be available.
Tickets are $7.50 and may be purchased in advance at the Highland Community College Box Office by calling (815) 599-3718, Monday through Friday, 1-5 p.m., or at the door.
Posted March 6, 2013