- Omnibus police reform bill passes House
- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
The Moonlight Serenade March 9 in Freeport
Online Staff Report
FREEPORT, Ill. — Kick up your heels and dance away those winter blues at the 10th Annual Moonlight Serenade Saturday, March 9, from 7:30 to 10:30 p.m.
The Freeport High School Jazz Ensemble and Highland College Big Band, featured under the baton of Bill Peterson, will both entertain the stage of the legendary Freeport Masonic Temple Ballroom, 305 W. Stephenson St., Freeport, Ill.
Many big band-era classics, along with modern jazz sounds, will lead the assortment of swing tunes, ballads, waltzes and Latin grooves. Dancers and music fans of all ages are expected and welcome.
Something for everyone is promised throughout this exciting evening — outstanding music, dancing, food and fun. Special polka, waltz and line dance music will captivate the attention of all dance enthusiasts.
Appetizers and soft drinks will be available.
Tickets are $7.50 and may be purchased in advance at the Highland Community College Box Office by calling (815) 599-3718, Monday through Friday, 1-5 p.m., or at the door.
Posted March 6, 2013