- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Van Matre HealthSouth honored for patient care
Rockford’s Van Matre HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital, 950 S. Mulford Road, has received top recognition from Uniform Data System for Medical Rehabilitation (UDSMR) for the seventh consecutive year. The hospital ranked in the top 10 percent of qualifying rehabilitation hospitals for 2006-2012.
UDSMR is a nonprofit group that evaluates rehabilitation hospitals on their delivery of quality care that is effective, efficient, timely and patient-centered.
To determine the rankings, UDSMR uses a system that measures the efficiency and effectiveness of a hospital’s rehabilitation programs. The system evaluates and tracks a patient’s progress through the rehabilitation process to document gains. This is the seventh year that UDSMR has issued the awards.
In 2012, Van Matre HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital reported the following:
• The average length of a patient’s stay was 13 days;
• 90 percent of Van Matre patients were able to go home at discharge;
• 94 percent of patients surveyed said they would recommend Van Matre to family and friends; and
• The rehab hospital holds a disease-specific certification from the Joint Commission for its stroke rehabilitation program.
“Our UDSMR ranking allows us to benchmark our performance against national data and confirms our ability to help our patients achieve excellent outcomes,” said Kenneth Bowman, chief executive officer of Van Matre HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital. “The rehabilitation programs and services at Van Matre HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital help patients reach a higher functional level in a shorter period of time, which helps them to return to normal life more quickly.”
The data used for this report was based on 12 months of 2012 data, drawn from both Medicare and non-Medicare patients. The results were weighted and combined into a single composite score, and each hospital was assigned a percentile rank from zero to 100 relative to the 789 qualifying subscribers in the UDSMR database.
Van Matre HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital is a 55-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services. Serving patients throughout northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin, the hospital is online at www.vanmatrerehab.com or www.rockfordhealthsystem.org. The hospital can also be reached at (866) 754-3347.
From the March 6-12, 2013, issue