- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Bon-Ton Goodwill Sale set for March 13-30
Online Staff Report
Goodwill and area Bon-Ton stores are encouraging consumers to donate and save during the semi-annual Bon-Ton Goodwill Sale, which will take place March 13-30.
Throughout the sale, the Bon-Ton stores will be accepting donations of used clothing and soft home goods to benefit Goodwill Industries of Northern Illinois. Donations will be sold at area Goodwill stores, and the revenues will fund employment placement programs and other community-based services that help people gain dignity and independence through the power of work. In return, every donor will be rewarded with discounts for any of Bon-Ton’s 271 stores and furniture galleries.
For each item of clothing or textile donated, shoppers will receive a discount coupon that can be used online or at any Bergner’s, Boston Store, Carson’s, Elder-Beerman, Herberger’s or Younkers stores. The coupons can be used on nearly everything in the store, such as women’s, men’s and children’s apparel, shoes, handbags and accessories at a 25 percent discount, home store merchandise at a 20 percent discount, and cosmetics, fragrances, furniture and small electrics at a 15 percent discount.
“The semi-annual Bon-Ton Goodwill Sale is a unique opportunity for customers to clean out their closets, get great deals on new spring sale items, and make a difference in their own communities by harnessing the power of donations,” said Samuel Schmitz, president of Goodwill Industries of Northern Illinois. “By funneling the revenue from donations into job training and placement programs, the Bon-Ton Goodwill Sale enables Goodwill to provide an array of services to job-seekers.”
Local participating Bon-Ton stores include the following:
• Bergner’s at CherryVale Mall, 7200 Harrison Ave., Rockford;
• Bergner’s in Machesney Park, 8790 N. Second St., Machesney Park, Ill.;
• Bergner’s at Northland Mall, 2900 E. Lincolnway, Sterling, Ill.;
• Carson Pirie Scott in DeKalb, 2500 Sycamore Road, DeKalb, Ill.; and
• Elder-Beerman at Beloit Mall, 100 Beloit Mall, Beloit, Wis.
For more about the Bon-Ton sale, call Ben Bernsten at (815) 987-6219.
Goodwill Industries of Northern Illinois is a community-based not-for-profit organization that provides jobs training and placement services for people with barriers to achieve meaningful employment. Visit www.goodwillni.org.
Posted March 13, 2013