- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
- Forest-preserve sex sting nets 10
- Armed robbery reported at Machesney Park CVS
- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
Bon-Ton Goodwill Sale set for March 13-30
Online Staff Report
Goodwill and area Bon-Ton stores are encouraging consumers to donate and save during the semi-annual Bon-Ton Goodwill Sale, which will take place March 13-30.
Throughout the sale, the Bon-Ton stores will be accepting donations of used clothing and soft home goods to benefit Goodwill Industries of Northern Illinois. Donations will be sold at area Goodwill stores, and the revenues will fund employment placement programs and other community-based services that help people gain dignity and independence through the power of work. In return, every donor will be rewarded with discounts for any of Bon-Ton’s 271 stores and furniture galleries.
For each item of clothing or textile donated, shoppers will receive a discount coupon that can be used online or at any Bergner’s, Boston Store, Carson’s, Elder-Beerman, Herberger’s or Younkers stores. The coupons can be used on nearly everything in the store, such as women’s, men’s and children’s apparel, shoes, handbags and accessories at a 25 percent discount, home store merchandise at a 20 percent discount, and cosmetics, fragrances, furniture and small electrics at a 15 percent discount.
“The semi-annual Bon-Ton Goodwill Sale is a unique opportunity for customers to clean out their closets, get great deals on new spring sale items, and make a difference in their own communities by harnessing the power of donations,” said Samuel Schmitz, president of Goodwill Industries of Northern Illinois. “By funneling the revenue from donations into job training and placement programs, the Bon-Ton Goodwill Sale enables Goodwill to provide an array of services to job-seekers.”
Local participating Bon-Ton stores include the following:
• Bergner’s at CherryVale Mall, 7200 Harrison Ave., Rockford;
• Bergner’s in Machesney Park, 8790 N. Second St., Machesney Park, Ill.;
• Bergner’s at Northland Mall, 2900 E. Lincolnway, Sterling, Ill.;
• Carson Pirie Scott in DeKalb, 2500 Sycamore Road, DeKalb, Ill.; and
• Elder-Beerman at Beloit Mall, 100 Beloit Mall, Beloit, Wis.
For more about the Bon-Ton sale, call Ben Bernsten at (815) 987-6219.
Goodwill Industries of Northern Illinois is a community-based not-for-profit organization that provides jobs training and placement services for people with barriers to achieve meaningful employment. Visit www.goodwillni.org.
Posted March 13, 2013