- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
Boone County Health Department announces Women Out Walking program
Online Staff Report
BELVIDERE, Ill. — The Boone County Health Department is looking for participants for Women Out Walking (W.O.W.), a 12-week walking challenge for women who want to look and feel better this spring.
Seventeen teams of six women will report weekly step totals and compete for fun incentives. Pedometers and walking journals will be provided to all participants.
“This is an opportunity to make activity a health priority, while still having fun,” said the Health Department’s administrator, Cindy Frank. “Physical inactivity is a significant health issue in this county. Through this program, we will be able to promote a healthier lifestyle and a more active community.”
Joining the walking program is easy. Form a team of six women, choose a captain, and return a completed W.O.W. Registration form to the Health Department by March 20. Forms are available at the Boone County Health Department, 1204 Logan Ave., Belvidere, or online at www.boonehealth.org. Space is limited to the first 17 teams to register, and the program may be full prior the March 20 deadline, so register early.
Posted March 13, 2013