- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Boone County Health Department announces Women Out Walking program
Online Staff Report
BELVIDERE, Ill. — The Boone County Health Department is looking for participants for Women Out Walking (W.O.W.), a 12-week walking challenge for women who want to look and feel better this spring.
Seventeen teams of six women will report weekly step totals and compete for fun incentives. Pedometers and walking journals will be provided to all participants.
“This is an opportunity to make activity a health priority, while still having fun,” said the Health Department’s administrator, Cindy Frank. “Physical inactivity is a significant health issue in this county. Through this program, we will be able to promote a healthier lifestyle and a more active community.”
Joining the walking program is easy. Form a team of six women, choose a captain, and return a completed W.O.W. Registration form to the Health Department by March 20. Forms are available at the Boone County Health Department, 1204 Logan Ave., Belvidere, or online at www.boonehealth.org. Space is limited to the first 17 teams to register, and the program may be full prior the March 20 deadline, so register early.
Posted March 13, 2013