- Two adults, two kids dead in Dec. 20 Rockford shooting
- Teen in custody following shooting on Crestview
- Man sentenced to 38 years for May 2008 murder
- EarthTalk: Still in denial about climate
- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
In Memoriam: Sandra J. Seago
Sandra J. Seago, 68, passed away Saturday, Dec. 1, 2012, in Leesburg, Fla. Sandra was born March 20, 1944, in Rockford, Ill., and spent her entire life in the Rockford and Machesney area. She was a homemaker and attended the Lighthouse Chapel in Rockford. She was active with the V.F.W. Ladies Auxiliary for more than 40 years and was also very active with the Native American Awareness Committee, where she enjoyed sharing her heritage and teaching Native American crafts as an elder and teacher.
She was predeceased by her parents, her son Thomas A. Tortorici, and her brother, John Mooney, and two sisters — Betty Zahn, and Mary Jane Mehlbaum.
She leaves behind to carry on her memory: Her husband of 32 years, Richard; daughters, Elizabeth Tortorici of Muscle Shoals, Ala.; and Robin Bankson, Leesburg, Fla; a stepdaughter, Brenda Kennedy, Rockford, Ill.; a brother, Eugene Armstrong, New Milford, Ill.; and many grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
A memorial will be held at 1 p.m., Saturday, March 23, at Lockwood Park, 5201 Safford Road, at the pavilion and cookhouse. As traditional, bring a dish to pass.
From the March 13-19, 2013, issue