- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
March 15 deadline for Recreation Support Grants
Online Staff Report
Since 1993, the Rockford Park District has partnered with many local agencies, organizations and recreation service providers to expand their ability to provide recreation programming during the summer and to people with disabilities year-round. It is that time of the year again when the Rockford Park District offers Recreation Support Grants to not-for-profit organizations wishing to partner with the organization.
Park District Arts, Events and Recreation Projects Manager John Beck explained: “The Rockford Park District recognizes and values the ability of community organizations to create and offer quality recreation opportunities to people of all ages in our community. We know we can’t do it alone, and the partners can’t, either. Working together, we can make a real impact.”
Who should apply?
Organizations and agencies that embrace and incorporate leisure and recreation as a means to enhance the quality of life and develop lifelong leisure skills, and that are 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organizations, should apply for a grant. The Park District is accepting proposals through March 15.
The following three types of grants are available:
1. Hot Nights … Summer in the City — Serving youth ages 13-19 (exclusively). For programs that provide instruction, supervision, and/or designated times and places for recreation and leisure activities. Grants provided in the form of financial support and/or vouchers for field trips to Rockford Park District facilities.
2. Investment in Our Youth — Serving youth ages 5-17. For programs that provide recreation and leisure activities for youth. Grants provided in the form of vouchers for field trips to Rockford Park District facilities.
3. Rec Connection — Serving people with disabilities of all ages. For agencies serving individuals with disabilities by providing leisure and recreation programs. Grants provided in the form of financial support and/or vouchers for field trips to Rockford Park District facilities.
Applications are available and may be downloaded from the Rockford Park District website, www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/recgrants, or requested by e-mail at email@example.com. The deadline for applications is March 15.
For more information, contact Beck at (815) 987-1636, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted March 13, 2013