- State Roundup: Union memo: Management threatens unsafe working conditions
- Performance review: Remote Treasurer employees pose problems
- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
Northwest Illinois Quilt Expo in Galena March 15-16
Online Staff Report
GALENA, Ill. — Join quilters from throughout the tri-state area from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Friday and Saturday, March 15-16, at the Galena Convention Center in Galena, Ill., for the Northwest Illinois Quilt Expo.
Advance tickets are available for $3 at Sojourn House (565 Turner Ave., Freeport), Stockton Banking Center (Highway 20, Stockton) and Galena State Bank (Main Street, Galena). Tickets will also be available for sale for $5 at the door.
The quilt expo showcases vendors from around the area as well as a quilt exhibition with more than 100 quilts. Prizes are awarded for the categories of antique, baby quilt, hand-stitched, machine made and wall hanging, as well as for Best in Show and People’s Choice. Be prepared to vote for the People’s Choice Award, which is determined by the amount of money (change or dollars) placed in the jug next to each quilt.
The Northwest Illinois Quilt Expo will also feature speakers throughout each day. Speaking times are 10:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. American Quilter’s Society certified quilt appraiser Sherri Branson will also be in attendance. Bring quilts for an appraisal for insurance or sentimental purposes.
Light sandwiches, salads, cookies and pies will be available for sale, along with complimentary coffee and lemonade.
In conjunction with this year’s quilt expo, raffle tickets are being sold for quilt donated by the Stagecoach Quilters of Lena, Ill., and quilted by Greg and Ginny Townsend. The quilt is appropriately named “The Spice of Life.” To see the quilt, visit www.nwilquiltexpo.com. Raffle tickets will be available for sale at the event and from any Stagecoach Quilt Guild member. Tickets are $1 each or six for $5. The raffle drawing will be April 5.
For more about the quilt expo, visit www.nwilquiltexpo.com or call (815) 238-5141.
The Northwest Illinois Quilt Expo is hosted as a fund-raiser for Sojourn House, a local, nonprofit substance abuse treatment center serving Jo Daviess and Stephenson counties as well as the surrounding area. All proceeds from the event, raffle, tip jugs and refreshment stand are donated 100 percent to Sojourn House. For more about Sojourn House, visit www.sojournhouse.com.
Posted March 13, 2013