- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
Northwest Illinois Quilt Expo in Galena March 15-16
Online Staff Report
GALENA, Ill. — Join quilters from throughout the tri-state area from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Friday and Saturday, March 15-16, at the Galena Convention Center in Galena, Ill., for the Northwest Illinois Quilt Expo.
Advance tickets are available for $3 at Sojourn House (565 Turner Ave., Freeport), Stockton Banking Center (Highway 20, Stockton) and Galena State Bank (Main Street, Galena). Tickets will also be available for sale for $5 at the door.
The quilt expo showcases vendors from around the area as well as a quilt exhibition with more than 100 quilts. Prizes are awarded for the categories of antique, baby quilt, hand-stitched, machine made and wall hanging, as well as for Best in Show and People’s Choice. Be prepared to vote for the People’s Choice Award, which is determined by the amount of money (change or dollars) placed in the jug next to each quilt.
The Northwest Illinois Quilt Expo will also feature speakers throughout each day. Speaking times are 10:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. American Quilter’s Society certified quilt appraiser Sherri Branson will also be in attendance. Bring quilts for an appraisal for insurance or sentimental purposes.
Light sandwiches, salads, cookies and pies will be available for sale, along with complimentary coffee and lemonade.
In conjunction with this year’s quilt expo, raffle tickets are being sold for quilt donated by the Stagecoach Quilters of Lena, Ill., and quilted by Greg and Ginny Townsend. The quilt is appropriately named “The Spice of Life.” To see the quilt, visit www.nwilquiltexpo.com. Raffle tickets will be available for sale at the event and from any Stagecoach Quilt Guild member. Tickets are $1 each or six for $5. The raffle drawing will be April 5.
For more about the quilt expo, visit www.nwilquiltexpo.com or call (815) 238-5141.
The Northwest Illinois Quilt Expo is hosted as a fund-raiser for Sojourn House, a local, nonprofit substance abuse treatment center serving Jo Daviess and Stephenson counties as well as the surrounding area. All proceeds from the event, raffle, tip jugs and refreshment stand are donated 100 percent to Sojourn House. For more about Sojourn House, visit www.sojournhouse.com.
Posted March 13, 2013