- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Park District awarded for financial reporting
At the Feb. 26 Rockford Park District Board of Commissioners meeting, Chief Financial Officer Stacie Scott presented Board President Jack Armstrong with the Government Finance Officers Association’s (GFOA) Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting and the GFOA Award for Outstanding Achievement in Popular Annual Financial Reporting.
The Park District received the awards from the GFOA of United States and Canada for its Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) for year ending Dec. 31, 2011. Penny Christians, Rockford Park District controller, was also presented with the GFOA Award of Financial Reporting Achievement for being the person primarily responsible for having earned the certificate of achievement.
Since 1981, the Rockford Park District has submitted its Comprehensive Annual Financial Report to the GFOA for review. In those 30 years, the district has been recognized 29 times for excellence in financial reporting. “We are proud of the district’s record in exceeding the minimum requirements of accepted accounting principles,” Scott said. “We take pride in knowing that we are clearly communicating our financial story to our owners, bondholders, partners and participants.”
From the March 13-19, 2013, issue