- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
- Freshmen in Rockford schools beat state average in ‘on track’ to graduate
- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
Park District awarded for financial reporting
At the Feb. 26 Rockford Park District Board of Commissioners meeting, Chief Financial Officer Stacie Scott presented Board President Jack Armstrong with the Government Finance Officers Association’s (GFOA) Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting and the GFOA Award for Outstanding Achievement in Popular Annual Financial Reporting.
The Park District received the awards from the GFOA of United States and Canada for its Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) for year ending Dec. 31, 2011. Penny Christians, Rockford Park District controller, was also presented with the GFOA Award of Financial Reporting Achievement for being the person primarily responsible for having earned the certificate of achievement.
Since 1981, the Rockford Park District has submitted its Comprehensive Annual Financial Report to the GFOA for review. In those 30 years, the district has been recognized 29 times for excellence in financial reporting. “We are proud of the district’s record in exceeding the minimum requirements of accepted accounting principles,” Scott said. “We take pride in knowing that we are clearly communicating our financial story to our owners, bondholders, partners and participants.”
From the March 13-19, 2013, issue