- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Park District awarded for financial reporting
At the Feb. 26 Rockford Park District Board of Commissioners meeting, Chief Financial Officer Stacie Scott presented Board President Jack Armstrong with the Government Finance Officers Association’s (GFOA) Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting and the GFOA Award for Outstanding Achievement in Popular Annual Financial Reporting.
The Park District received the awards from the GFOA of United States and Canada for its Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) for year ending Dec. 31, 2011. Penny Christians, Rockford Park District controller, was also presented with the GFOA Award of Financial Reporting Achievement for being the person primarily responsible for having earned the certificate of achievement.
Since 1981, the Rockford Park District has submitted its Comprehensive Annual Financial Report to the GFOA for review. In those 30 years, the district has been recognized 29 times for excellence in financial reporting. “We are proud of the district’s record in exceeding the minimum requirements of accepted accounting principles,” Scott said. “We take pride in knowing that we are clearly communicating our financial story to our owners, bondholders, partners and participants.”
From the March 13-19, 2013, issue