- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
- Illinois’ guaranteed-tuition law making college less affordable
- ‘Ex Machina’ a pick for awards season
- FIFA officials arrested, extradition to US on the cards
- TRRT Online Edition | May 27-June 2
Pie Shop Benefit Concert March 16
The Pie Shop Benefit Concert, a fund-raiser for Kate’s Pie Shop & Record Store, will be from 7 to 11 p.m., Saturday, March 16, at Emerson House, 420 N. Main St., Rockford. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m., and admission is $5. Show includes a cash bar and pie bite appetizers. A donation table will also be set up.
Performers will include Ron Holm (Between Planes), Joey Irving (with Vince Chiarelli), Tom Mac, Ron Rawhoof, Carl Miller and Fox Deluxe, Brian Anderson and TRaSh 80’s unplugged, and Joe Disastr.
Kate’s Pie Shop & Record Store, co-created by Kate Sullivan (The Pie Lady) and Stu Patterson (DJ Stag), is inside the New Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center, 406 N. Main St., Rockford. Sullivan specializes in classic pie baked fresh to order and serves them in a fun, music-centric environment. Patterson is an avid record collector and music enthusiast. Visit katespieshop.com or call (815) 298-7009 for more information.
From the March 13-19, 2013, issue