- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Pie Shop Benefit Concert March 16
The Pie Shop Benefit Concert, a fund-raiser for Kate’s Pie Shop & Record Store, will be from 7 to 11 p.m., Saturday, March 16, at Emerson House, 420 N. Main St., Rockford. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m., and admission is $5. Show includes a cash bar and pie bite appetizers. A donation table will also be set up.
Performers will include Ron Holm (Between Planes), Joey Irving (with Vince Chiarelli), Tom Mac, Ron Rawhoof, Carl Miller and Fox Deluxe, Brian Anderson and TRaSh 80’s unplugged, and Joe Disastr.
Kate’s Pie Shop & Record Store, co-created by Kate Sullivan (The Pie Lady) and Stu Patterson (DJ Stag), is inside the New Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center, 406 N. Main St., Rockford. Sullivan specializes in classic pie baked fresh to order and serves them in a fun, music-centric environment. Patterson is an avid record collector and music enthusiast. Visit katespieshop.com or call (815) 298-7009 for more information.
From the March 13-19, 2013, issue