- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Pie Shop Benefit Concert March 16
The Pie Shop Benefit Concert, a fund-raiser for Kate’s Pie Shop & Record Store, will be from 7 to 11 p.m., Saturday, March 16, at Emerson House, 420 N. Main St., Rockford. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m., and admission is $5. Show includes a cash bar and pie bite appetizers. A donation table will also be set up.
Performers will include Ron Holm (Between Planes), Joey Irving (with Vince Chiarelli), Tom Mac, Ron Rawhoof, Carl Miller and Fox Deluxe, Brian Anderson and TRaSh 80’s unplugged, and Joe Disastr.
Kate’s Pie Shop & Record Store, co-created by Kate Sullivan (The Pie Lady) and Stu Patterson (DJ Stag), is inside the New Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center, 406 N. Main St., Rockford. Sullivan specializes in classic pie baked fresh to order and serves them in a fun, music-centric environment. Patterson is an avid record collector and music enthusiast. Visit katespieshop.com or call (815) 298-7009 for more information.
From the March 13-19, 2013, issue