- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Pie Shop Benefit Concert March 16
The Pie Shop Benefit Concert, a fund-raiser for Kate’s Pie Shop & Record Store, will be from 7 to 11 p.m., Saturday, March 16, at Emerson House, 420 N. Main St., Rockford. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m., and admission is $5. Show includes a cash bar and pie bite appetizers. A donation table will also be set up.
Performers will include Ron Holm (Between Planes), Joey Irving (with Vince Chiarelli), Tom Mac, Ron Rawhoof, Carl Miller and Fox Deluxe, Brian Anderson and TRaSh 80’s unplugged, and Joe Disastr.
Kate’s Pie Shop & Record Store, co-created by Kate Sullivan (The Pie Lady) and Stu Patterson (DJ Stag), is inside the New Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center, 406 N. Main St., Rockford. Sullivan specializes in classic pie baked fresh to order and serves them in a fun, music-centric environment. Patterson is an avid record collector and music enthusiast. Visit katespieshop.com or call (815) 298-7009 for more information.
From the March 13-19, 2013, issue