- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
Red Shoe Run/Walk for Donor Awareness set for April 13
• More than 1,100 participated in last year’s event
The 10th Annual Red Shoe Run/Walk for Donor Awareness will be Saturday, April 13, at Northern Illinois University — Rockford.
The 5-K competitive run and 1-mile fitness walk raises funds and awareness of the need for blood, marrow, eye, organ and tissue donors to save and restore lives.
Last year, this event involved more than 1,100 participants.
The Red Shoe Run for Donor Awareness raises funds needed to pay for tissue typing new members of the Rock River Valley Blood Center’s Be The Match Marrow Registry.
Race time is 8 a.m. Pre-registration will be at Rock River Valley Blood Center, 419 N. Sixth St., from 6:30 a.m. 6 p.m., Thursday, April 11, and 6:30-9:30 a.m., Friday, April 12.
Prizes are awarded in 17 different age divisions. The first 800 registered will receive a special-edition event T-shirt.
Medical technology has given us the treatment for formerly incurable diseases and injuries, but for too many, there is no donor to help them.
From the March 13-19, 2013, issue