- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Youth sports open house set for March 16 at Carlson Ice Arena
Rockford Park District will hold a free youth sports open house from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Saturday, March 16, at Carlson Ice Arena, 4150 N. Perryville Road (at Riverside Boulevard), Loves Park, Ill.
Parents of children ages 3-18 can learn more about upcoming programs that provide quality, fun recreational opportunities where youth learn and develop sports and leisure skills they can enjoy for a lifetime.
A number of Park District youth sports programs including FIRE Track & Field, tennis, NFL Flag Football, NFL cheer and sports camps will be represented, providing information about spring registrations for youth sports, lessons, mini-camps, clinics and leagues.
Coaches and volunteers will be on hand to provide information and answer questions about the programs, and information will be available at the event for those interested in becoming a coach or volunteer.
Free giveaways and special drawings for Park District facility admission tickets will also be held.
Information will also be available about this year’s May 18 Rockford Football Training Camp at Rockford Auburn High School, where featured special guest appearances are scheduled for Lance Briggs and Roberto Garza of the Chicago Bears.
For more about Park District youth sports programs, visit www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/youthsports or call Park District Customer Service at (815) 987-8800, where information about support to participants with disabilities is also available.
From the March 13-19, 2013, issue