- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
63rd Annual Antique Show March 23-24 in Oregon, Ill.
Online Staff Report
OREGON, Ill. — The Oregon Woman’s Club presents its 63rd Annual Antique Show Saturday and Sunday, March 23-24, at Blackhawk Center, 1101 W. Jefferson St., Oregon, Ill.
Many changes have taken place during the past 60-plus years, transforming a small antique and hobby show into one of the premier shows of northern Illinois. This year is no exception, with the addition of more exhibitor booths and new dealers to this area.
The Oregon Woman’s Club, a member of the General Federation of Women’s Clubs, sponsors this show as a major fund-raising event and uses the proceeds to help fund various community projects and charities.
As in past years, the show will be at the Blackhawk Center Sports Arena. The facility offers ample parking, handicap accessibility and a huge area for more than 50 Midwest antique dealers to display their merchandise for sale.
Quality antiques from the early 1800s through the retro era of the 1950s include all areas of collecting — furniture, glass, china, pottery, toys, primitives, textiles, jewelry, dolls, silver, decorator items and more.
The snack bar, sponsored by the Oregon, Ill., Kiwanis Club, will be serving sandwiches, soups, desserts and beverages. Mary Lou’s Crystal Repair from Joliet, Ill., will be on hand both days to repair damaged heirlooms “while you wait.” Sunday, Munda & Associates, Auctioneers & Appraisers, Freeport, Ill., will offer verbal appraisals of small treasures for $5 per item. Supply photos of large items. If a writtten appraisal is needed, discuss details with Munda & Associates.
Show times are 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday, and 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Sunday. Admission donation is $6 per person, which is good for both days of the show. Door prizes will be awarded both days of the show.
For information about area lodging and attractions, visit www.discoveroregonillinois.com. For additional information about the show or becoming an exhibitor, call (815) 732-2219 or (815) 652-2047.
Posted March 20, 2013