- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Bryden Ford parts manager awarded for excellence
Steven Carlson, parts manager at Bryden Ford in Durand, Ill., has received the highest honor in Ford Motor Company’s 2012 Employee Excellence (e2) program. His achievement demonstrates that he is among the best-of-the-best in the Ford and Lincoln Dealer Network in sales, customer satisfaction and training.
Friday, March 22, at 12:15 p.m., Carlson will receive his award from Bryden Ford President Scott Bryden. Alan Scher, Parts and Service Operations manager for the Chicago Region, will come from his Downers Grove office to help present this prestigious award.
To make the accomplishment even sweeter, Carlson will receive: a commissioned work of art with a companion recognition letter signed by Ford Motor Company CEO Alan Mulally; an Amazon.com gift card for $225; and a Bryden Ford Gift Certificate for $225.
This achievement is a testament to Carlson’s hard work and constantly increasing knowledge and professionalism in his five years at Bryden Ford.
Bryden said: “I’ve seen Steven grow from a good, devoted person with a strong automotive service background, but little dealership Parts Department experience, into a quality parts manager with a strong customer following and a deeper understanding of the intricacies of his department. I am very proud of Steven and delighted to have him here at Bryden Ford in Durand.”
From the March 20-26, 2013, issue