- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
Learn how Janesville is addressing their Brownfield issues April 16
JANESVILLE, Wis. — Would you like to learn how our neighbors in Janesville, Wis., are addressing their Brownfield issues on the Rock River?
In October 2012, the Rock County Health Department received a $150,000 grant to work with the City of Janesville’s Comprehensive Brownfields Program. Through this project, called (Re)Energize Janesville, Health Department staff have been meeting with Janesville residents and community organizations to identify community health issues and ideas for redevelopment, especially along the riverfront and downtown.
April 16, the Health Department is having an open public meeting to share the results of the project to date and to allow community members to provide additional input on projects they’d like to see happen in Janesville. The event will be at 108 S. Jackson St. from 6 to 8 p.m.; light refreshments will be served.
“It is very important the community participates in this process because it is an opportunity to influence change in Janesville and let the city know what they would like to happen in downtown Janesville and along the riverfront,” said Jenna Lovaas, health educator with the Health Department. “We have received a lot of great feedback and exciting ideas from community members, and the city is very interested in incorporating health improvement ideas into the redevelopment plans in order to improve the overall health of residents.”
For more information or to contribute to (Re)Energize Janesville, visit http://www.co.rock.wi.us/reenergize-janesville.
For more information, contact the Rock County Health Department at (608) 757-5440 or (608) 364-2010.
From the March 20-26, 2013, issue