- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Lifescape helps seniors through MUST
Lifescape Community Services provides programs for all seniors in the community, regardless of income, religion or ethnicity. Through our nutrition program, adult day service, information and assistance and health and wellness, we are helping seniors maintain their health and independence.
Part of this outreach is our Medication Use Safety Training for Seniors, where older adults learn about over-the-counter and prescription medications. The program has grown, thanks to the efforts of the Rockford College Spanish Club. By translating the program materials into Spanish, the club has made great strides in working with the Hispanic population of Winnebago and Boone County. Members have been trained to present the program and have done so at Crusader Clinic and Lifescape Community Services in Rockford, SwedishAmerican Health System in Belvidere and at Capron Elementary School. Since the national program does not offer this information in Spanish, the Rockford College Spanish Club’s efforts have been offered to the National Council on Patient Information and Education for use in the public domain. That is a great achievement.
Lifescape could not have extended its offerings to the Hispanic community without the help of the Rockford College Spanish Club. The club’s dedication and hard work is truly appreciated.
Director, Marketing/Fund Development
Lifescape Community Services
From the March 20-26, 2013, issue