- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Lifescape helps seniors through MUST
Lifescape Community Services provides programs for all seniors in the community, regardless of income, religion or ethnicity. Through our nutrition program, adult day service, information and assistance and health and wellness, we are helping seniors maintain their health and independence.
Part of this outreach is our Medication Use Safety Training for Seniors, where older adults learn about over-the-counter and prescription medications. The program has grown, thanks to the efforts of the Rockford College Spanish Club. By translating the program materials into Spanish, the club has made great strides in working with the Hispanic population of Winnebago and Boone County. Members have been trained to present the program and have done so at Crusader Clinic and Lifescape Community Services in Rockford, SwedishAmerican Health System in Belvidere and at Capron Elementary School. Since the national program does not offer this information in Spanish, the Rockford College Spanish Club’s efforts have been offered to the National Council on Patient Information and Education for use in the public domain. That is a great achievement.
Lifescape could not have extended its offerings to the Hispanic community without the help of the Rockford College Spanish Club. The club’s dedication and hard work is truly appreciated.
Director, Marketing/Fund Development
Lifescape Community Services
From the March 20-26, 2013, issue