- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Odessa Barmore, Between Planes bring blues to Tempo Italian Bistro March 23
Tempo Italian Bistro and Lounge in the Best Western Clock Tower Resort, 7801 E. State St., Rockford, hosts some of the area’s finest music.
March 23, Odessa Barmore and the Between Planes band team up to bring the blues to Tempo. Odessa and Between Planes members Janel Nelson and Ron Holm first worked together in September 2012, as part of the Jazz and Blues Festival at Rockford’s Sullivan Center; they have been fast friends ever since.
The March 23 event will explore a range of blues music in the styles of such artists as Billie Holiday, Muddy Waters and Koko Taylor. The performance will include blues-influenced roots and rock selections, ensuring heavy use of Tempo’s dance floor.
Fine cuisine and beverages are available at Tempo. Admission is $5.
From the March 20-26, 2013, issue