- IceHogs drop Wolves 4-3 at home
- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
Odessa Barmore, Between Planes bring blues to Tempo Italian Bistro March 23
Tempo Italian Bistro and Lounge in the Best Western Clock Tower Resort, 7801 E. State St., Rockford, hosts some of the area’s finest music.
March 23, Odessa Barmore and the Between Planes band team up to bring the blues to Tempo. Odessa and Between Planes members Janel Nelson and Ron Holm first worked together in September 2012, as part of the Jazz and Blues Festival at Rockford’s Sullivan Center; they have been fast friends ever since.
The March 23 event will explore a range of blues music in the styles of such artists as Billie Holiday, Muddy Waters and Koko Taylor. The performance will include blues-influenced roots and rock selections, ensuring heavy use of Tempo’s dance floor.
Fine cuisine and beverages are available at Tempo. Admission is $5.
From the March 20-26, 2013, issue