- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Odessa Barmore, Between Planes bring blues to Tempo Italian Bistro March 23
Tempo Italian Bistro and Lounge in the Best Western Clock Tower Resort, 7801 E. State St., Rockford, hosts some of the area’s finest music.
March 23, Odessa Barmore and the Between Planes band team up to bring the blues to Tempo. Odessa and Between Planes members Janel Nelson and Ron Holm first worked together in September 2012, as part of the Jazz and Blues Festival at Rockford’s Sullivan Center; they have been fast friends ever since.
The March 23 event will explore a range of blues music in the styles of such artists as Billie Holiday, Muddy Waters and Koko Taylor. The performance will include blues-influenced roots and rock selections, ensuring heavy use of Tempo’s dance floor.
Fine cuisine and beverages are available at Tempo. Admission is $5.
From the March 20-26, 2013, issue