- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Odessa Barmore, Between Planes bring blues to Tempo Italian Bistro March 23
Tempo Italian Bistro and Lounge in the Best Western Clock Tower Resort, 7801 E. State St., Rockford, hosts some of the area’s finest music.
March 23, Odessa Barmore and the Between Planes band team up to bring the blues to Tempo. Odessa and Between Planes members Janel Nelson and Ron Holm first worked together in September 2012, as part of the Jazz and Blues Festival at Rockford’s Sullivan Center; they have been fast friends ever since.
The March 23 event will explore a range of blues music in the styles of such artists as Billie Holiday, Muddy Waters and Koko Taylor. The performance will include blues-influenced roots and rock selections, ensuring heavy use of Tempo’s dance floor.
Fine cuisine and beverages are available at Tempo. Admission is $5.
From the March 20-26, 2013, issue