- State Roundup: Union memo: Management threatens unsafe working conditions
- Performance review: Remote Treasurer employees pose problems
- Dimke: ‘I’m not going to retire’
- IMRF responds: Pay spiking against the rules
- Bill limits automated license plate readers
- Private uni’s subject to FOIA says House
- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
Odessa Barmore, Between Planes bring blues to Tempo Italian Bistro March 23
Tempo Italian Bistro and Lounge in the Best Western Clock Tower Resort, 7801 E. State St., Rockford, hosts some of the area’s finest music.
March 23, Odessa Barmore and the Between Planes band team up to bring the blues to Tempo. Odessa and Between Planes members Janel Nelson and Ron Holm first worked together in September 2012, as part of the Jazz and Blues Festival at Rockford’s Sullivan Center; they have been fast friends ever since.
The March 23 event will explore a range of blues music in the styles of such artists as Billie Holiday, Muddy Waters and Koko Taylor. The performance will include blues-influenced roots and rock selections, ensuring heavy use of Tempo’s dance floor.
Fine cuisine and beverages are available at Tempo. Admission is $5.
From the March 20-26, 2013, issue