- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
Relay For Life kick-off event March 21 at Thunder Bay Grille
Online Staff Report
The American Cancer Society Relay For Life of Winnebago County will hold its annual kick-off event at 7 p.m., Thursday, March 21, at Thunder Bay Grille, 7652 Potawatomi Trail, Rockford. Friends, neighbors, cancer survivors, caregivers and anyone interested in learning more about Relay For Life are encouraged to attend.
The kick-off event offers information about the American Cancer Society’s mission of saving lives faster by helping people stay well, helping people get well, finding cures and fighting back. Refreshments will be provided, and guests will have the opportunity to win prizes and learn more about the activities planned for this year’s Relay For Life.
Relay For Life is an overnight event where teams of local businesses, schools, churches, community groups and families build awareness and raise funds — prior to and at the event — to fight cancer. While the main objective of Relay For Life is to raise money for cancer research and cancer patients, the event helps spread cancer awareness, celebrate the lives of survivors, remember those who lost their lives to cancer and unite a community in the fight against cancer.
This year’s American Cancer Society Relay For Life of Winnebago County will be June 21 at Rockford Christian High School. Volunteers are needed to organize and recruit teams, secure community support, coordinate logistics, obtain refreshments and prizes, assist with publicity and plan entertainment activities.
For more about the Relay For Life kick-off celebration, contact the American Cancer Society at (815) 229-1287 or visit relayforlife.org/winnebagoil.
Posted March 20, 2013