- IceHogs drop Wolves 4-3 at home
- Man sentenced to 12 years in fatal hit-and-run
- White House fence jumper charged with kicking Secret Service dogs
- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
Rosecrance specialist to keynote April 13 banquet
Last Chance House announced its Ninth Annual Benefit Speaker Banquet will take place from 5 to 10 p.m., Saturday, April 13, at the Crystal Lake Holiday Inn Convention Center. The annual fund-raiser features keynote speaker Tom Morgan, a noted author and recovery specialist from Rosecrance of Rockford.
Last Chance House’s annual Speaker Banquet features fund-raising events including prize raffles, silent auction, a 50/50 raffle, dinner, keynote speaker and a live DJ and dancing. This year’s silent auction and raffle includes merchandise, dining and entertainment items from area businesses, travel packages from area resorts, sports tickets and memorabilia from virtually all of Chicago’s professional sports organizations.
Morgan is a noted recovery specialist and author of Journey To Sobriety: 34 Years and Counting. His ongoing work at Rosecrance has helped countless people toward the road to recovery. Past speakers include songwriter/singer/actor Paul Williams, nationally-heralded addiction specialist Clancy I., AA historian and author Mike F.
Founded in 2006, Last Chance House is an alcoholic men’s short-term residential facility in Crystal Lake, Ill. In addition to providing a structured living transition for alcoholic men into a meaningful life, Last Chance House provides daily meeting facilities for the surrounding communities for Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous, AlAnon and other 12-Step addiction recovery groups. It is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation and depends solely on private and public funding. To purchase tickets or for more info, go to www.lastchancehouse.org.
From the March 20-26, 2013, issue