- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
Saint Anthony College of Nursing has new director for graduate family nursing practitioner program
Saint Anthony College of Nursing welcomes Nancy K. Kertz, Ph.D., FNP-BC, as an associate professor and coordinator of its graduate family nursing practitioner (FNP) program track. As a board-certified family nurse practitioner, Kertz has an extensive clinical and academic background that includes graduate nurse practitioner theory and practicum (all levels), graduate pharmacology, graduate and undergraduate health promotion.
Kertz graduated with a doctorate in nursing from South Dakota State University in Brookings, S.D., where she also served as assistant professor and coordinator of the doctor of nursing practice program. She received her master of science degree in nursing at Indiana State University in Terre Haute, Ind.
Before coming to Saint Anthony College of Nursing, Kertz was director of the RN-BSN program and was interim director of associate degree program at the Sioux Falls campus of the University of South Dakota in Vermillion/Sioux Falls, S.D. Kertz specializes in child abuse pediatrics and practiced as a family nurse practitioner at the Child’s Voice Center for Child Maltreatment at Sanford Children’s Hospital/University of South Dakota Medical Center & School of Medicine in Sioux Falls, S.D.
From the March 20-26, 2013, issue