- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
Saint Anthony College of Nursing has new director for graduate family nursing practitioner program
Saint Anthony College of Nursing welcomes Nancy K. Kertz, Ph.D., FNP-BC, as an associate professor and coordinator of its graduate family nursing practitioner (FNP) program track. As a board-certified family nurse practitioner, Kertz has an extensive clinical and academic background that includes graduate nurse practitioner theory and practicum (all levels), graduate pharmacology, graduate and undergraduate health promotion.
Kertz graduated with a doctorate in nursing from South Dakota State University in Brookings, S.D., where she also served as assistant professor and coordinator of the doctor of nursing practice program. She received her master of science degree in nursing at Indiana State University in Terre Haute, Ind.
Before coming to Saint Anthony College of Nursing, Kertz was director of the RN-BSN program and was interim director of associate degree program at the Sioux Falls campus of the University of South Dakota in Vermillion/Sioux Falls, S.D. Kertz specializes in child abuse pediatrics and practiced as a family nurse practitioner at the Child’s Voice Center for Child Maltreatment at Sanford Children’s Hospital/University of South Dakota Medical Center & School of Medicine in Sioux Falls, S.D.
From the March 20-26, 2013, issue