- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Swiss Movie Night March 22 at Turner Hall of Monroe, Wis.
Online Staff Report
MONROE, Wis. — The Swiss Heritage Series of the Turner Hall of Monroe, Wis., will present its annual Swiss Movie Night at 7 p.m., Friday, March 22, in the Grand Hall. This year’s film from Switzerland is a 2010 comedy titled Sonntagsvierer: die letzte Runde (Sunday Foursome: the Last Round).
Four former friends and golf buddies, all from different walks of life and very different in personality, decide to get together after many years for another round of golf for old times’ sake. Unresolved issues and arguments from the past surface, and one of the four reveals a secret that adds yet another twist to the reunion.
Filmed in the beautiful scenery of Switzerland, the 90-minute comedy is in Swiss-German, but has English subtitles that are very easy to read. This film is not rated, but would be comparable to a PG rating.
The public is invited to view the film. There is no admission charge, but a free-will donation will be accepted. Popcorn and beverages will also be available. More information is available at www.TurnerHallofMonroe.org/shs.html.
Posted March 20, 2013